The Wine Muse is Annette Hanami, a former banker with an insatiable curiosity about everything related to wine. Since pursuing her current avocation, she has travelled extensively to wine regions around the world, collected too many wine credentials, worked at wineries and restaurants and found a balance in life she never had before. This site attempts to encourage and enhance your discovery of international food, wine and travel, from the perspective of an “outsider”.
- Diploma – Wine & Spirits Education Trust
- Certified Wine Educator – Society of Wine Educators
- Certified Wine Professional – Culinary Institute of America
- Accredited Official Burgundy Instructor – Burgundy Wine Board
- November 2014. Finalist Millesima Blog Awards in the category of Fine Wine for “The Wines of Provence: Fifty Shades of Rose.”
- April 2010. Institute of Masters of Wine inaugural Lallemande Bursary for an essay on hot climate reds, potential high alcohol and quality.
- Wine Chair, Acre by Acre Awards & Auction 2012 benefiting the Land Trust of Napa County